Newbie - Central Scotland

For all your general chat needs...

Newbie - Central Scotland

Postby mad_matt » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:23 am

Hi All,

Thought I'd introduce myself to the brotherhood :)

Brother Matt here, bought an 85 Levin Coupe a few weeks ago after convincing myself I'd regret it if I didn't!
Had been looking at 86s for a good while and was smitten with Ewan's (now Kev's) Trueno Hatch.

A well spec'd car came up in NI and I thought, just f*cking do it ;)

Basic quick blub:

85 Levin Coupe
Kouki Glass Grill
MCN Goodline front bumper
Rolled and Pulled Arches
14" SSR Longchamps (2x Buckled tae f*ck - more on that later)
TRD 2 Way
TRD Quick Shift + Knob
Standard interior (for now)

Oh, and a 20v BT on 90mm Trumpets :twisted: with a 1ZZ COP Conversion.

I've had some teething problems with it unfortunately, other people's work and all that, so the first few posts/pages will be sorting :roll:

Went over it so far and my list seems to get longer:
Tidy up overspray
Make Boot Floor Carpet/Tray
Replace Interior Light (on Route from Thailand)
Get Electric Wing Mirrors working
Sort overfuelling/flooding issue
Repair/replace 2 x Buckled (obviously not) Dori Dori SSRs
Repair/Replace PS Rack - Left bellows are shot and the seals have gone arf
Get reverse lights working
Get it running - it ran fine when I picked it up, unfortunately never started last Monday morning and have been trying to diagnose it since!

Been a bit of a pain up until now tbh haha.
Just can't wait to get back in it and have some over clock rev madness.

I'll get some pics up once I'm back at the car again and it's clean :)
mad_matt
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:06 am

Re: Newbie - Central Scotland

Postby Bagpuss » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:23 pm

Welcome to the forum dude! Stick at it with the issues, it's all worth it in the end :D
User avatar
Bagpuss
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:52 pm

Re: Newbie - Central Scotland

Postby mad_matt » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:09 pm

Cheers buddy :)

I certainly hope so!

Quick Pics
Image
Image

Paintworx sticker now replaced with Red Confetti/Gold JimmyUp Sticker.
mad_matt
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:06 am

Re: Newbie - Central Scotland

Postby Chaycore » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:11 am

welcome dude!

nice car.. I tried to buy it off the previous owner a few years ago but he wouldn't sell! Theres a few 86 guys up your way luckily so you'll not be short of people to share the struggle of 86 ownership with!
User avatar
Chaycore
Site Admin
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:30 pm

Re: Newbie - Central Scotland

Postby mad_matt » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:59 pm

Chaycore wrote:welcome dude!

nice car.. I tried to buy it off the previous owner a few years ago but he wouldn't sell! Theres a few 86 guys up your way luckily so you'll not be short of people to share the struggle of 86 ownership with!


Cheers buddy :)

I think, in this case, you might have been lucky...
Will be glad when it's back on the road, currently back-tracing the loom, trying to fault find and get her started! :roll: Can't wait to hear those trumpets again :D

Not too sure I like the sound of "struggle of 86 ownership" though :lol:
mad_matt
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:06 am

Re: Newbie - Central Scotland

Postby Bagpuss » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:28 pm

You've got no idea what you're in for, haha! Nah these cars have the same issues all old Jap cars have, but it's all worth it!
User avatar
Bagpuss
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:52 pm

Re: Newbie - Central Scotland

Postby mad_matt » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:56 am

Bagpuss wrote:You've got no idea what you're in for, haha! Nah these cars have the same issues all old Jap cars have, but it's all worth it!


:cry: hahah.

Hopefully, most of the issues will be ironed out at the start and kept on top of.
The loom is currently being investigated and connections made properly where they are just twisted and taped :roll:

Just want to start spending money on parts, not repairs :lol:

Are there many 86s north of the border?
I know of a Panda Hatch that spectates at Driftland a fair bit, can't remember whether it's a Levin or Trueno.
There's also one of the Irish Lads who keeps his Gold Trueno Coupe F20c at Driftland too.
Ewan's Trueno hatch went south of the border to Kev.

Can't think I've seen many/any others :/
mad_matt
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:06 am

Re: Newbie - Central Scotland

Postby Chaycore » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:58 am

mad_matt wrote:
Bagpuss wrote:You've got no idea what you're in for, haha! Nah these cars have the same issues all old Jap cars have, but it's all worth it!


:cry: hahah.

Hopefully, most of the issues will be ironed out at the start and kept on top of.
The loom is currently being investigated and connections made properly where they are just twisted and taped :roll:

Just want to start spending money on parts, not repairs :lol:

Are there many 86s north of the border?
I know of a Panda Hatch that spectates at Driftland a fair bit, can't remember whether it's a Levin or Trueno.
There's also one of the Irish Lads who keeps his Gold Trueno Coupe F20c at Driftland too.
Ewan's Trueno hatch went south of the border to Kev.

Can't think I've seen many/any others :/


Back when I wanted to buy it, it had a real strong 16v in it still. Never too certain about the 20v swaps running coilpacks but loads of people have managed to get them to work well. if it still gives issues a dizzy relocation kit could be a solution?

Theres a few guys up there.. Colin Mees has the Trueno, Arran Morrison has a white Levin Hatch. Barry Stevenson drifts a KE70 with 1uz up at driftland a lot too.

Other than that I think its few and far between!
User avatar
Chaycore
Site Admin
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:30 pm

Re: Newbie - Central Scotland

Postby mad_matt » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:34 pm

Chaycore wrote:Back when I wanted to buy it, it had a real strong 16v in it still. Never too certain about the 20v swaps running coilpacks but loads of people have managed to get them to work well. if it still gives issues a dizzy relocation kit could be a solution?

Theres a few guys up there.. Colin Mees has the Trueno, Arran Morrison has a white Levin Hatch. Barry Stevenson drifts a KE70 with 1uz up at driftland a lot too.

Other than that I think its few and far between!


Chris was saying he's looked at it a few times for various people, apparently the previous owner had blown up 2 16v in the past.
It's a pretty funked up wiring solution at the moment. If it gives me jip, I might end up going standalone with the plan to Turbo it eventually...possibly.

Alan has already said to me "Don't be disappointed if you come back in a week and it has a CA or an SR in it" :P

Forgot about the KE70 oddly enough, haven't seen it out a huge amount since the SR came out of it.

All the better for more smiles of people hahah
mad_matt
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:06 am

Re: Newbie - Central Scotland

Postby The Big Yin » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:29 am

mad_matt wrote:
Bagpuss wrote:You've got no idea what you're in for, haha! Nah these cars have the same issues all old Jap cars have, but it's all worth it!


:cry: hahah.

Hopefully, most of the issues will be ironed out at the start and kept on top of.
The loom is currently being investigated and connections made properly where they are just twisted and taped :roll:

Just want to start spending money on parts, not repairs :lol:

Are there many 86s north of the border?
I know of a Panda Hatch that spectates at Driftland a fair bit, can't remember whether it's a Levin or Trueno.
There's also one of the Irish Lads who keeps his Gold Trueno Coupe F20c at Driftland too.
Ewan's Trueno hatch went south of the border to Kev.

Can't think I've seen many/any others :/


You've got mine as well. Although no one has seen it for a long time haha
The Big Yin
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:12 am

Next

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron