Rear inner arches

For all your general chat needs...

Rear inner arches

Postby Bagpuss » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:02 am

Hi guys and girls,

As winter is approaching I'm starting to plan the next set of rust repairs, namely the rear arches and pockets. Now I've had no issues finding steel outer arches and rear quarter panels, however I can't find anywhere that sells the inner arch for the ae86 corolla in any form, and I've got rust coming through on the passenger side rear where the seatbelt mount is (the seats aren't there any more, so not a safety issue).

Does anyone here know a company or friend who stocks them? I'm trying to keep the chassis as original as possible so fibreglass parts aren't really an option for me.
Bagpuss

Re: Rear inner arches

Postby Kev » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:43 am

I don't think anyone makes them. Cheaper to just add some sheet metal cut to shape
1 x Sprinter Trueno
1 x Peugeot 205 B18C
Kev

Postby Chaycore » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:23 pm

yep. find a decent metal fabricator and they can do as good a job. Huxley motorsport does fantastic work and my car will be going to them soon
Chaycore
Site Admin

Postby Bagpuss » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:23 am

Ah I'd send my car to driftmoto every day, Nev rebuilt my front arches and suspension turrets and they look like they're fresh from the factory! Was just wondering if there were panels available, as it'd be a sure fire way of getting the rust out from between the seams as well, no worries though!
Bagpuss

Return to General Chat