Sooo, ITB's / Throttle bodies...

For all your general chat needs...

Sooo, ITB's / Throttle bodies...

Postby Lukena » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:00 am

Well, I do have a thing for NA! My last mx5 was almost ITB'd, only I sold it cause it got rusty, fast.

Just came across some ITB's in JP for 8,000 YEN currently, in working condition, but could do with a clean up.

Comes with inlet, itb's and vacuum block, soo, for that price, I may buy it.

I have a deal with a Megasquirt supplier so getting one of them wont be too hard, or expensive as such. Can you run them without a standalone ecu though as a thought? I could have sworn I have seen a build without, but maybe I wasn't paying much attention.

Itb's / MS2 / AIT sensor ( will any work? ) and a remap... Is it as easy as that, or am I missing something?

Do I need a FPR? Upgraded fuel pump?

Cheers

Luke \\(^-^)//

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/a ... w114362646

*EDIT* I will also be chucking in some cams :)
Original Parts Japan
Lukena

Re: Sooo, ITB's / Throttle bodies...

Postby Chaycore » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:17 pm

unless youre doing cams (at the very least) and high comp pistons, you wont see any gains from itbs, maybe even less power and you'll lose the reliability of stock maps . standard intake manifold is good up to around 180bhp. some people have run them on stock ecu, but they never run as well as standalone so for the sake of time/money/work get a decent ecu and go from there.
Chaycore
Site Admin

Re: Sooo, ITB's / Throttle bodies...

Postby Kev » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:29 pm

A well designed itb setup should reap gains even on a standard engine. More in the midrange though rather than top end. I've not seen anyone invest the time and money needed to get it right on the 4age
1 x Sprinter Trueno
1 x Peugeot 205 B18C
Kev

Return to General Chat