Hi- new member

For all your general chat needs...

Hi- new member

Postby dogger » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:52 am

Hi everyone. Ive been meaning to get myself on here for a while.
i'll just waffle on for a bit and tell you about my car. Its a 1986 UK corolla, after 7 years of Skyline ownership i wanted something that was focused on only being one thing, whereas the skyline (awesome as it was) was a jack of all trades and master of none. It was great on the track, decent on a show stand and fine to go to tesco in as well, i wanted something that would just do one thing excellently.
ive taken part in off roading, then rallying and it was during this time that i really wanted a corolla. It must be 15years since i first fancied one, so i sold the skyline and bought my corolla.
It'd been used as a drift car for 5-6 years so it wasnt in the best condition and being a UK car the floorpan is a little like a patchwork quilt, but it was a collection of good things bolted together- fulled welded shell, roll cage, fully polybushed suspension and a 20v engine. It hadn't had an MOT for a few years and not wanting to offend anyone, but a lot of drifters dont take a great deal of care over their cars or the way they modify them- more a case of 'whatever it needs'
so it took some effort to get it thru an MOT, but when it was legal again then i sprinted it in the Toyota Sprint Series for a couple of seasons. Since then ive taken a lot out, put a lot in, but ive also moved house three times as well, so hopefully its just coming back together and my aim is to be on track again at the end of june for the third round of the Toyota Sprint Series. Funny thing as well- when i first went to sprint it in 2011 a few people commented on how no one had ever turned up in an ae86 before! Given their history in tarmac rallying and touring cars- and no one had ever taken one! Even since then theres only been one other bloke with one.
I'll probably start a projects thread soon, im sure theres a few mods that other people might be interested in- its not exactly one for the purists to be honest.
I'll leave ot at that- you'll have to wait for the thread to find out more..........
cheers
Guy
p.s hi lauren!
dogger

Re: Hi- new member

Postby Chaycore » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:07 am

welcome to the forum! Its a little quiet round here still, but please do post some pics up of the car! What area are you based in? May be some other owners close to you.

Chay
Chaycore
Site Admin

Postby Lauren » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:57 am

Welcome Guy! :)
1985 AE86 GT Apex Sprinter Trueno. HKS cams, 2 way LSD, Tanabe exhaust, K&N, TRD suspenders.
2013 GT86, Milltek, decat, Injen induction, TE37s, TRD aero fins, TEIN Street Flex & EDFC Active Pro, mega sound system.
Lauren

Postby dogger » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:16 pm

Im in Norfolk.
I was a big fan of your last car Chay, i spent about an hour stood next to it at Japfest the year before last, waiting for you to come back so i could say hi. #you'vegotastalker!

:-)
dogger

Postby Chaycore » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:44 pm

haha sorry man! I must have been walking round. Sadly that cars gone to France now.. but MAN do I miss it!
Chaycore
Site Admin

Return to General Chat