Trueno headlight Motor replacment?

Got a problem? Let the Brotherhood help!

Trueno headlight Motor replacment?

Postby Mark » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:00 pm

Hi
So my Headlight on the driver side will not go back down. The motor tries to make it go down but fails. I have to wind it down by hand So i think it needs replacing.
So my question is does anyone know what other car model shares the same motor to Operate the headlight going up and down?

Cheers
Mark
Mark

Re: Trueno headlight Motor replacment?

Postby Tony N » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:52 pm

Mark, the P/N according to Toyodiy.com is 85660-12010, you might get lucky with Toyota but its showing $380 reference price though so not cheap...
Tony N

Postby Bagpuss » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:15 pm

Have you tried looking at the motors from a mk1 mr2? There's a guy in Wales who stocks tons of parts for those, they might match, I don't know for sure though.

If I remember correctly the guys name is Neil jones, his website is http://mk1mr2.webs.com/ , I bought an engine off him a few months back and it's been running perfectly since I put it in so I'd recommend him as a seller.
Bagpuss

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:32 pm

£380? ouch! Might just put up with winding it down for now, Got to pay for the body to be sorted first and foremost Cheers Tony for finding the P/N for me. ;)

Yes i do know of Neil as i just got a replacement distributor from him.With only 32000 on it at a great price. Will use him again. 8-)
I not sure the Mk1 is the same but the Mk2 might be. I really Need one to pop in at work to have a quick look to be 100% Unless anyone has done it.
Mark

Return to Technical