My everyday Driver Trueno GTV

Show us what you're spending your paycheque on

My everyday Driver Trueno GTV

Postby Mark » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:54 pm

Well its about time i started by build tread! :P
My Trueno is used everyday since i have got it back at the start of 2008! I had bought it in 2007 but took a couple of months to ship. Cost wise i got a bargain in my view. Car was 580,000 YEN which is around £2,500. After shipping agents bills customs and hire someone to pick it up from the docks it came to just under £4,500. Which at the time was still cheaper than buying one in the UK. Here's a couple of pics from when it was still in its home land.
ImageImageImageImage

So over the passed 6 years (WoW!) It has only been off the road for one week because of a problem. And that was a leaky rocker cover, Oil was getting to the spark plugs stopping it running. So had to wait for replacements for it. In fact i have had oil leaks from all parts of the engine at sometime, Only today i have fix the latest leak from the distributor, I had tried the repair kit for it but it was still leaking. So i got a replacement for it with only 32000 on it. But in doing so i broke two of the wires to the plug! Had to cut and fix and oddly the car is now running at better rpm's now. :roll:
here is a couple of pics of it over the passed six years.

Not long after it was first MOT
Track action!
First meeting with other 86's owners at Japfest 2 at Rockingham!
Outside the Ace Cafe for the first Meet.
And 2nd meet at the cafe
Mark

Re: My everyday Driver Trueno GTV

Postby Mark » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:16 pm

So just pop outside to take some new pictures. Also some pics of the replacement stereo i fitted after the last one stopped working. And just on plans for the the car in the next year. I had someone look at the body to see what needs doing and the plan is to get it in to the shop at some point this year. Going to cost around £1000 to get it right, which i think is a good price for what needs doing. wings roof & wheel acres. + under waxing the car. 8-)
I do a full mod list soon, Not much but small changes make a big differences ;)

My Kenwood Stereo of many colours :mrgreen:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mark

Postby Mark » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:40 pm

Got this to replace the damage one on the nearside. Always nice to opening genuine Toyota parts 8-)
Mark

Postby Lauren » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:41 pm

Great to see it's still going strong, Mark. :)

Always good to see one that is actually on the road. I really must sort mine out!
1985 AE86 GT Apex Sprinter Trueno. HKS cams, 2 way LSD, Tanabe exhaust, K&N, TRD suspenders.
2013 GT86, Milltek, decat, Injen induction, TE37s, TRD aero fins, TEIN Street Flex & EDFC Active Pro, mega sound system.
Lauren

Postby Mark » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:41 pm

Thx Lauren. And yes you must get yours back on the road! :mrgreen:
Mark

Return to Build Threads