FRP Items?

For all your general chat needs...

FRP Items?

Postby Lukena » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:53 pm

Hey guys, quick one, and another '' about me '' I use to sell FRP kits at good prices, good quality and was able to get the harder to source items, hehe.

Anyway, I have found some things that I am thinking about getting made up, I can already supply kits & fenders for the AE86 but after looking on Yahoo last night I found some really cool stuff :D

Bolt on fenders, bonnets, vented bonnets, doors, boots! It isn't going to happen next week, but if anyone has any ideas of what I can look into bring to the UK to mold or get into the UK to sell directly ( The genuine stuff ) I am sure I can work something.

Currently, its around £80 to ship 4 bolt on arches from JP to UK.

Bonnets are £250 approximately from JP to UK.

Let me know what it is your trying to save some weight on or want made up as a cheaper alternative, if I can find it or make it, it can be done.

Cheers
Original Parts Japan
Lukena

Re: FRP Items?

Postby Kev » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:23 pm

Can you work in kevlar too. Kevlar has a lot of flex to it so can often pop back into shape after light knocks.
1 x Sprinter Trueno
1 x Peugeot 205 B18C
Kev

Postby Lukena » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:54 pm

I can always ask my guy if he can do it and if its possible I shall let you know :)
Original Parts Japan
Lukena

Postby mad_matt » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:35 pm

I agree on the Kevlar too.
Carbon Kevlar, both in Gel Coat and in laquer would be cool.

Cooling Panels, Engine Covers, Fuse Box Lids, Steering Column Covers, Dash Surround - All the good stuff.

Otherwise, Coupe Boot in Fibrerglass/Kevlar with OE Fitment + Rocket Bunny Spoiler :)
mad_matt

Postby Lukena » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:24 pm

Looks like I have a big list to write up, supply / find and sort out.

All oem items are easy as I can just remove them / find on Yahoo and have it in 5 working days, I am looking to try and sort all exterior items in FRP on a low cost, but once its molded anything can be done.

Mainly looking into some new kits, bolt on arches that fit and somehow making up some mirrors :D

Cheers
Original Parts Japan
Lukena

Postby Bagpuss » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:52 am

I'm actually on the hunt for a new bonnet, oem style but in carbon kevlar for that awesome pattern and colour! Reckon you could get one made?
Bagpuss

Postby Escy » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:44 am

I could do with a FRP sunroof panel.
Escy

Return to General Chat